It’s Back to School Time!
Tomorrow is Back to School day for the majority of the i61 Kids and is what we spent the majority of our Sunday meeting discussing and praying for.
I was pleased to hear that they are mostly excited about going back to school, but one boy brought up that while he liked school the whole thing of settling in to another class with another teacher was always the part of the year that he found most awkward. We prayed about that and we prayed for new friendships and old friendships, we prayed about those kids that they’ve never been able to get along with, the ones who have a harder time being nice to those around them - we prayed for them to be happy and that happiness would start to spill over onto others.
We prayed for favourite and not favourite subjects:
- I really love it when we get to do art at school but i’d like to draw better pictures this year.
- I want to write lots of stories this year!
- I don’t like doing sums, can you pray for it to be easier for me?
and we prayed for kids they knew who were having a hard time:
- This girl in my class is always in trouble and she is in time out every day, let’s pray for her.
and we prayed for good student-teacher realationships:
- I want my teacher to like me…
Please pray during these next few day and weeks for fantastic school days for our kiddos.